- Acupuncture. Your first acupuncture treatment, which will include a review of your new-patient paperwork and a discussion of your health history will last approximately 90 minutes and cost $90. Follow up appointments, which last 45 minutes to an hour, cost $65.
Where appropriate and with your consent, your services may include, for a $10 additional fee,
- Cupping. Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which special cups are placed on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. Cupping is used to treat pain, inflammation, congestion and restricted blood flow, and promotes relaxation and well-being. This modality can leave round, cup marks on your skin (check out the marks on Olympic athletes). The marks fade within a matter of days.
- Gua Sha. Gua sha is a therapy that involves applying massage oil and scraping your skin with a smooth massage tool to improve circulation and break up stagnation. This modality does leave temporary red marks on your skin which fade over a couple of days.
- Moxabustion (on the patio). Moxabustion (moxa) is a form of heat therapy in which dried plant material (mugwort) is burned close to the surface of the skin. Moxa warms and invigorates the flow of energy in the body and dispels certain pathogenic influences. Because this modality is smoky, it is performed on the patio.
- E Stim. Electroacupuncture is a highly effective treatment for certain types of pain, fatigue, and chronic ailments. Needles that have been inserted into the body are attached to a device that delivers gentle electrical pulses between two points. The electrical stimulation enhances the effectiveness of the needles, helping to restore the free flow of energy in the body.
- Acu Naps. Just need a pick me up? Come in for a 30-minute acu-nap. This treatment is focused exclusively on stress reduction and costs $35.
- Acu Facials. Acu facials combine constitutional acupuncture, tiny facial needles and cupping. Your treatment will include a nourishing essential oil blend specially made for your skin type. This service costs $100.